Monday, December 24, 2012

A Christmas Menu

I've turned into a domesticated woman this holiday!
That's right...I've been cooking/baking a storm.


Surprisingly so far, nothing has burned! However, there's still time for things to go awry just in time for Christmas dinner! Here's what's on the menu:

My BIL is making his famous roast. I much prefer roast to turkey!

My sister is making gravy, stuffing and charcuterie. 

I'm making the rest of the sides which include:

Creamy mashed potatoes. I usually make garlic mashed potatoes but this year I'm going to mix it up and add smokey bacon bits and Frenchie's french fried onions! These onions are a recent discovery! Where have you been all my life?! I don't even like onions, but I love these!
For salad, I'm going to TRY to recreate Earl's mixed field greens. This is my all time favourite salad. It has feta cheese, apples, candied pecans and apple cider vinaigrette. Yum!

Veggies will consist of green beans, corn and a cauliflower dish from Nuba that I adore! I've had an aversion to cauliflower ever since I was a kid but for some reason... I can eat bowls and bowls of this dish!

For dessert I made mint chocolate brownies for the first time! I can't even remember the last time I made regular brownies....maybe high school?

My nephew and I also made sugar cookies a couple days ago that we'll serve as well. They're Christmas dinosaur cookies! Why not right? =)

I can't wait to eat! I love Christmas dinner! What are you having for dinner? 

Merry Christmas to all my lovely readers!




No comments:

Post a Comment