Tuesday, March 06, 2012

DIY Nursery Feature!

A few weeks ago, Tara from Baby Lifestyles emailed me asking if she could feature the nursery I put together for my sister's baby.

Baby Lifestyles
What an honour! Thanks Tara!

I have a lot of love for this room. It was the first room I put together from start to finish!

And being on such a tight budget, I DIY'ed pretty much everything except for the crib, lanterns and rocking chair. When I put the room together, we didn't know the sex of the baby. Now, several months later, as I mentioned here, I'm itching to redo this room in pink!

For the Baby Lifestyles post click here.

And if you feel so inclined, take a stroll down memory lane with me with a list of posts I've written on this project:

The DIY Nursery Project

Life: Designed
Toy Chest Transformation

Life: Designed
ABC Cabinet

Life: Designed
Old Desk, New Change Table!

Life: Designed
Frames

Life: Designed

Other DIY projects involved:

I sewed the drapes and pillows (minus the duck pillow)! I am NOT a seamstress so as simple as they were to do, it was a major feat for me! =)

Sunburst clock:

Life: Designed
Globe lamp (on top of the book shelf):

Life: Designed
I LOVE that rug. I got it on sale from Anthropologie. I think it was about $20. My sister and bro and law have since replaced it with a plastic hockey rink rug.... Once the project's done, you can't control what people do. Haha

Well, I guess that rug is mine now! Whoo hoo. So it all works out.

Thanks for reading and going down memory lane with me! 



3 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Nancy!!! :D And your sister's room is so bright and welcoming~ I absolutely love the colours you chose (and hockey rug or not, I'm sure it still looks amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Nancy! The nursery looks lovely, I love decorating nurseries, too! Great work!

    Have a great day!

    Maria
    http://www.unidentifiedlifestyle.com

    ReplyDelete